Saturday, November 17, 2012

Pictures of life on my side of the world

Instead of rambling on about all the things I've been up to, I thought that it might be more straightforward to upload a slew of pictures instead.  I will try to draft a wordier post over the next few days about the trials, tribulations and triumphs of my first few weeks in Ende.
Rice paddies in Ubud, Bali

Monkeys guarding a car in Ubud, Bali

The drive up to Kelimutu National Park to see the tri-colored lakes my second day in Ende

Roundabout in the middle of Ende
Student transport on the Kelimutu field trip

The package for my mosquito was "marvelous!"
Squid (left) with potatoes, cabage, eggplant and fish/chicken gravy (right)
Black sand beach in Ende
A house on a hill just outside of the central part of town
Running a biodiversity analysis activity at the farm
The university model farm
The view from the farm
My office

Sunset over Ende

One of the other volunteers is leaving today so I have to run to see him off at the airport.  As far as I know that leaves myself and one other volunteer from Kenya as the permanent foreign residents in Ende, a town of 80,000.

A more verbose update to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment